Carrie and Mr. Big, Ross and Rachel, Batman and Robin. Some pairs are just meant to be.
According to the latest research, it is the same for nutrients.
Here are 4 duos that are powerful together:
Iron + vitamin C
- Pumpkin seeds (iron) tossed with dried blueberries (vitamin C)
- Spinach (iron) mixed with tomatoes (vitamin C)
Fat + carotenoids
- Scrambled eggs (lutein) mixed with diced avocado (fat)
- Baby carrots (beta carotene) as a snack with almonds (fat)
- Tomatoes (lycopene) cooked with extra-virgin olive oil (fat)
Calcium + vitamin D
- Canned salmon (vitamin D) served with steamed broccoli (calcium)
- Scrambled eggs (vitamin D) topped with shredded cheese (calcium)
Folate + vitamin B6
- Fruit salad with banana (B6) and papaya (folate)
- Turkey breast (B6, B12) served with a side of asparagus (folate)